Ball & Racking:
- The game is played with one cue ball and 15 numbered object balls.
- The balls are racked in a triangle at the foot of the table with the 8-ball in the center of the triangle, the first ball of the rack on the footspot, a striped ball in one corner of the rack and a solid ball in the other corner.
- The object of the game is to make one group of the object numbered balls, either striped or solids, and then legally pocket the 8-ball which then wins the game.
- If a shooter inadvertently pockets his opponents ball, it remains down. However, if the shooter does not legally pocket on of his own group, he loses his turn.
- Each player continues to shoot so long as he/she legally pockets any of his/her object balls. Should a player fail to pocket his designated group ball, he/she shall lose his/her turn.
- If a player fails to make the 8-ball while shooting at it, the game continues. However, if a player scratches a cue ball while shooting at the 8-ball, he/she loses the game, even if the 8-ball remains on the table.
- Kiss off and bank shots do not have to be called.
- In the event the cue ball or an object ball stops on the edge of the pocket then falls into the pocket because of vibrations, fan or stamping feet, it shall be replaced on the edge of the pocket as near as possible to its position before interference.
- If any object ball is jumped off the table, it is a foul and loss of turn, unless it is the 8-ball, which is loss of game. Any jumped object balls are spotted in numerical order.
- SLOW PLAY RULE: Exaggerated slow play will be penalized. After a warning, any longer than ONE MINUTE between shots will be a foul. The third infraction will result in loss of game.
Loss of Game:
- Pocketing the 8-ball when it is not the legal object ball except on an opening break.
- Pocketing the 8-ball on the same stroke as the last of his/her group balls.
- Scratching when the 8-ball is his/her legal object ball.
- Jumping or knocking the 8-ball off the table at any time.
- Pocketing the 8-ball in a pocket other than the one designated.
- Fouling while (pocketing) the 8-ball in the designated pocket.
- Third infraction of slow play rule.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.